Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Life Speeds Up

Life has been speeding by and I haven't had a chance to write much. Spring often starts out slow. Shoots slowly push out of the ground, trees are only shadowed with green. Then one morning you wake up and look outside and the whole world is bursting with life. That is how life has been feeling. One day I woke up and it was just speeding by. Here are just a few things that have been happening.
* Ellie is growing so fast. She is not walking on her own yet, but she has taken a few steps by herself and she runs around pushing her little bus all day long. Once she decides she is ready, I think she will be running and not walking, just like she zooms up and down the stairs. She loves being outside and crawling in the grass, climbing on the slide, and swinging in her swing.
* Ellie had to go in and get her clogged tear duct probed. It is a short procedure, but they had to put her under general anesthesia. It was hard to hand her off to the anesthesiologist, and it didn't help that she was screaming. She did NOT want anyone in blue scrubs near her, not after the nurse tried to take her blood pressure. Ellie was so mad that the machine couldn't even register her blood pressure. She came out of the anesthesia well and didn't seem too bewildered. Later that day she was her smiling self and now I don't have to clean her gooey eye several times a day.
* Ellie keeps me on my toes trying to keep up with her. She never stops moving and wants to open and empty every drawer or cupboard that she can reach. She doesn't even sit still in the bath but crawls back and forth and wants to stand and play with the faucet. It is fun to watch her explore and learn about new things, but I don't know how so much energy is stored in such a little body. She is an energizer bunny and is still going even after she has exhausted all of us, even the dog.
* My dad got in a bad motorcycle accident in Peru. We were all scared and worried when we heard and felt helpless being so far away. He is back home now with an impressive story to tell. We are all so grateful that he was wearing a helmet and that it wasn't worse than it was (though it was certainly bad enough). I know my dad was being watched over, and it is interesting that the first medical station they took him to in Urubamba was actually a medical center that my dad helped to build years ago.
* We love our house, but Brian and I have decided to put it on the market and see if we get any offers. We bought the house for a very fair price and the market has improved. We've also put a lot of work into the house and believe that it just might be worth it at this point to try and sell. We don't need a house that is this big, and student loans certainly don't pay themselves. We might stick around, but we are exploring our options. Check out a home tour at  http://www.obeo.com/891345







2 comments:

Jenny said...

I didn't know the clinic in Urubamba was one that Dad helped build. Crazy! Thanks for sharing that!

The house pictures are pretty impressive! Mandy, you are really really amazing at beautifying and improving your living space. It looks gorgeous!

I'm glad Ellie's eye procedure went well. She is the cutest and coolest baby ever!

Emily said...

Wow. Life really does speed up! The pictures of your house are gorgeous. I really need to get some decorating tips from you. I'll seriously hire you to be my decorating consultant. seriously.

I didn't the story about the Urubamba clinic either. The whole thing is quite miraculous actually. I'm anxious to see Dad.

That Ellie is just as cute as a button. I can't wait to kiss those cute chubby cheeks!