Thursday, November 26, 2015

October 2015

October started great, the middle was a little lousy, but it ended on a good note.
Ellie discovered that the chickens were pretty interesting, and she even managed to catch one. I couldn't find her in the backyard so I went out to look and found her sitting in this bush holding one of the chickens. I ran in to grab a nicer camera.

As I was looking for the camera I saw heard Ellie and came around the corner to see this. Ellie had brought the chicken in the house.

She did not want to let the chicken go, even though she said it was "soooo heavy..." 

We enjoyed conference and even flew kites between sessions on Saturday. I got a little stuck on the fence while wearing Connor.

We made it out for a beautiful fall hike with some friends.





Then the sickness hit. Ellie got it first. Poor thing was terrified every time she threw up.

Then poor Connor got it. He was such a sweet little guy through the whole thing, even though he was throwing up all day and night. Brian and I came next. Ugh.

Once we were all better, Brian took Ellie on a Daddy-Daughter breakfast date to McDonald's.


Ellie continued to obsess over the chickens and try to catch them. When she did catch one, she insisted on sitting in the same place. She held this chicken for probably 20 minutes. 


We headed out to the pumpkin patch. 







This picture cracks me up. The sun is just perfect on Ellie's face and it makes her look like a little goblin. Still a super cute one.

We had lots of Halloween fun. 







Ellie and her friend Beckett were the cutest little hobbit trick-or-treaters. 

Connor and Brian matched, so I thought I would dress to match Ellie since all the boys in Mexico when I lived there called me "Legolas" and said I could be his stunt double.

It was a happy end to October.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Your kids are growing too fast! I love how Ellie loves the chickens and Mandy, I am dying seeing you as Legolas! It couldn't be more perfect!