Friday, September 5, 2014

August 2014

August went by in a total blur (so the first picture is appropriate). I feel like I can't even catch my breath. I started working part time in August and that has been a bit of an adjustment and a juggling act to make sure that Ellie is watched over. I hadn't planned on going back to teaching at all, but a great teacher I worked with my last year at City Academy is now the director of Ogden Preparatory Academy. She reached out to me and said they had a part time opening and would I be interested in taking on one or two classes? With the AB schedule it means that I only have to teach every other day. Some weeks it is Mon. Wed. Fri. and others it is Tues. Thur. The extra income will be a real blessing for Brian and I, but it does come with its challenges and difficulties, and I do hate the time away from Ellie. She doesn't seem to mind the extra time with Grandmas though. August has been rather cold and rainy. Ellie doesn't care. As long as she has a rain jacket on she is content to run around the backyard in the drizzle. She loves the backyard.
On a horseback ride for my Birthday.









Brian and his brother Matthew cut down the big dead tree in our front yard. I have no idea how it died...it was alive last year.


Say "cheese!"


No comments: