Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sunny San Diego?

Well, San Diego wasn't necessarily warm or sunny during 90% of our trip, but hanging out with my parents, eating great Mexican food and sea food, riding beach cruisers down to the pier, dressing up like members of the Mormon Battalion, touring a real-life naval sailing ship from Portugal which was built in 1915 and which was on its way to Somalia, seeing Pandas and Koalas at the San Diego Zoo, watching Shamu, dolphins, and sea lions do tricks at Sea World, getting soaking wet on the Atlantis ride (and not having to wait in line because everyone else was smarter in the cold weather), going to Coronado and pretending to me Marylin Monroe in "Some Like it Hot," watching the sea lions and harbor seals bask in the sun (during the one sunny day) on the beach, and going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead were definitely worth it, even if Sunny San Diego wasn't as sunny as we had anticipated. The only thing I could have wished for was a longer stay. I miss you mom and dad!

P.S. For those wondering, the tall tan guy in our pictures is Eric, Brian's younger brother, who we took on the trip with us. Besides sleeping an impressive amount in the car, Eric was the only one prepared with a phone charger and also went to the Padres game with Brian when I wouldn't. He was a lot of fun to have along and we are glad he came!

















Uncanny reemblance don't you think?






Thumbs up for such a great trip!



3 comments:

Caitlin said...

This looks like so much fun! I was thinking about you earlier tonight when I was driving home and listening to Yellowcard. "View from Heaven" will always remind me of our times as roommates. You're wonderful, Mandy. :) Thank you for everything.

Unknown said...

Is it just me, or does Eric look a lot like Michael Phelps?

Mandy and Brian said...

haha, he kind of does! Although I must say Eric's ears are much more advantageously placed.