Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My New Bench!

Remember when I said stay tuned for my coffee table turned bench redo? Well one month later I finally finished it. I could only work on it during the weekends and considering I took the original fabric I was going to use back to the store, bought different fabric, painted the whole thing blue, then painted it over again with white because I didn't like the blue, I think taking only one month actually wasn't that bad. It is nice to have it finished though and I am pretty happy with the final product.
Here is the original. Ugly, right? Viola! Much better I think.





This was my first sewing project, and to tell you the truth, my brother-in-law Mark sewed most of it. He had to show me how to use the sewing machine...that's how pathetic I am. Also, if you know Mark and you have ever wondered if there is something he can't do, the answer is definitely no.
Now that I know how to use (kind of) the sewing machine, I may just make some pillows to go on my new bench!


2 comments:

Jenny said...

I still can't believe what a difference your touch made with that coffee table. Amazing! I'm totally impressed with your willingness to put in the work to make it so beautiful!

Allison said...

It looks good! I'm trying to get inspired to recover my rocking chair, but the whole sewing thing kind of scares me. You did a great job!