Wednesday, August 24, 2011

And the School Year Resumes

School started today. And yes, I was dreading it for most of the summer, but I watched this video a couple weeks before it started and I was surprised to feel some excitement to start the year again. I taught all but one of the students interviewed in the film and most of them are pretty great. I hope I really am making a difference in at least one student's life or really teaching someone something that they will be grateful for later. If so, I guess it makes it all worth it. I also make a brief cameo appearance in the film. See if you can catch me!


Here's to another year....

4 comments:

Emily said...

Enjoy it!!!! Teaching grows on you and just wait, when you're not teaching anymore. I promise you'll miss it.

Emily said...

Oh and I saw you on the video! Is city academy a charter school?

Mandy and Brian said...

Yes it is. It is a pretty interesting place to work and they do a lot of things differently, but in some critical ways it does a better job than most regular public schools, the biggest plus being small class sizes. I don't have any classes bigger than 22 students. It means I can really focus on each kid.

Dan said...

Did you audition for a speaking role, but got relegated to "Teacher thoughtfully flipping pages #3"?

Thank you City Academy, for knocking over the totem pole of popularity.