Wednesday, December 4, 2013

November Madness

November always gets a little crazy at our house. We have our wedding anniversary, Brian's birthday, and Thanksgiving all in the same week. This year was crazy as always. To add to the madness, Brian went to Chicago with his dad and brothers for the BYU vs. Notre Dame game on our anniversary while I dealt with the wind storm that nearly blew our house down and fell down in the garage and seriously hurt my thumb and my knee. With all the craziness, I was still able to arrange a little surprise for Brian's 30th birthday the day after they got home from Chicago. Thanks so the friends and family that were able to make it out to our house to surprise Brian.



 Brian got key lime pie and "kit-kat lasagna" aka eclair cake with some modifications, just like he requested.

 I enjoyed the pictures Brian sent me from their Chicago trip. It looked COLD, but they had fun.




 
 This is Giordano's, the deep dish pizza joint that was so good it nearly killed Matt. Literally. The night after eating here Matt had a diabetic seizure. While Matt didn't remember anything the next morning, it was quite the traumatic experience for Brian who had to help try and force some sugar into Matt's body. We're so glad Matt recovered so well and they enjoyed the rest of their trip, even eating more pizza!


 The game was pretty cold.




 During November, Ellie continued to get cuter and cuter. I am just floored by her adorability. She makes me laugh all day with her funny antics and expressions. She is also learning a lot of new tricks.
Ellie can sit up all on her own and play with toys now. She can also scoot forward on her tummy and is so close to crawling. She is pretty mobile and will sneak away from you if you are not watching her carefully.
 Thanksgiving was delicious and coma-inducing as always. I made homemade rolls for the first time in my life (I got my KitchenAid a year ago and justified it by saying I would make homemade bread. Well at least now I've done it once!) and we had early dinner at my parents house. Ellie even tried her turkey. She liked it best mixed with yogurt, but she seemed to like the leftovers the next day.
I love this last picture because it completely embodies the way I feel after eating Thanksgiving dinner. We headed to Brian's parents for more pie in the evening and Ellie got to spend some time with her great grandparents. She even let great-grandpa Jones hold her. 
November is over and it is on to hectic December. The snow and cold weather even obliged by showing up as soon as December arrived.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy late Birthday Brian! Mandy, I hope your knee and thumb are okay! I can't get enough pictures of Ellie!

Allison said...

I didn't even know that Brian went to Chicago. That sounds like a lot of fun. Ellie just keeps getting cuter and cuter if that is even possible.