Tuesday, December 31, 2013

First Christmas

 Ellie's first Christmas was so much fun. She loved the lights on the tree and dancing to Christmas music. This Christmas was special for me, not only because I got to share my favorite holiday with Eleanor, but because her sweet innocent presence kept my thoughts focused on the true reason we celebrate Christmas--the birth of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. The Nativity suddenly took on so much more meaning, and I understood what Mary might have felt in a whole new way. The week of Christmas was filled with family parties, pictures (see if you can spot Ellie's new favorite trick), and food. We spent Christmas Eve in Oakley as usual, and Ellie participated in my favorite part of the evening--the Nativity down in the barn. This is a tradition that I love and have been doing for as long as I can remember. While the week of Christmas was quite exhausting for Ellie, she did quite well with all the driving and loud get-togethers. I love that we are so close to both the Evans and Porter families and I am so grateful that Ellie will grow up surrounded by loving family members.








1 comment:

Emily said...

Aw, she looks like a little gingerbread doll in that dress! What a cutie! We missed everyone a ton this year. Thanks for posting pictures. And yes, I see Ellie's new trick! She can find her nose!